The BAKCOU Mule has been the #1 fat tire electric hunting bike on the market for the last two years, and it’s easy to see why. For starters, the Mule is built with a 6061 aluminum alloy frame, which is what makes it both lightweight (about 68 lbs) and extremely durable at the same time. Integrated into this frame, is the Bafang ULTRA mid-drive motor. This motor is widely considered in the industry to be the “diesel engine” of the mid-drive motor class. It’s built of heavy-duty metal gearing (much more reliable than motors you will find on some ebikes) specifically designed to be able to handle riding on rough, rugged terrain. It’s truly built to last. Additionally, the Bafang ULTRA mid-drive motor is considered a “Smart Motor” due to it’s built-in torque sensor. The motor can actually sense how much pressure the rider is putting on the petals, therefore giving you an appropriate amount of power back. This allows for a safe, natural ride, which is especially important when travelling over technical terrain.
The BAKCOU Mule also comes standard with Maxxis Minion tires (the best on the market). The front and rear tires actually have a different tread which provides the rider with better handling in the front, as well as added stability and grip with the rear tire. The Mule also has dual-piston hydraulic disc brakes, wide handle bars (providing a good base of support), and a GT MRK air front fork suspension. This allows you to adjust the suspension to fit you, and the type of terrain you’re riding.
The BAKCOU Mule also comes with an LCD Display, which provides valuable metrics during your adventures, such as trip distance, battery usage, speed, & pedal assist level. Front and rear mud fenders, a rear pannier rack, and a 400 lumen headlight, are also standard.
Powerful: With an excellent design, and the best motor on the market, you’ll have fun accessing wherever you want in the backcountry. The top speed is 35 mph!!
Reliable: BAKCOU is well known for using only quality components which ensures that you’ll be able to enjoy this bike for years to come
Versatile: This bike is not just for hunting. It can handle a variety of terrain and get you basically anywhere you want to go, whether you're camping, fishing, at the beach, or just riding around town
Comfortable: Features an air fork suspension and shock-absorbing suspension seat post
- Motor: Bafang Ultra M620 750w/1000w mid-drive Motor w/integrated Torque Sensor
- Battery: Extended Distance 48v 14.5ah, 17.4ah, or 21ah lithium-ion
- Range: 40+ Miles (see “eBike Range Explained” under “Resources” on our website)
- Digital Display: Bafang DP C18.UART Full Color LCD
- Brakes: Powerful Tektro Dual Piston Hydraulic, 203mm Front & 180mm Rear rotor.
- Suspension: BCEB GT MRK 100mm AIR Fork
- Frame: High Grade Aluminum Alloy 6061
- Size: Mule, 18” (Stand Over Height: 29.5”)
- Mule ST, 18” (Stand Over Height: 26’)
- Throttle: Left Thumb
- Wheels: Quick Release Front Hub
- Tires: Unparalleled Traction and Control Maxxis Minion 26” X 4.0
- Gearing: Shimano Alivio Hill-Climbing 9 speed, 40t Front 11x36t cassette
- Steering: Wide 740mm Handlebars for Greater Stability
- Load Capacity: 300lbs
- Locking Ergonomic Handlebar Grips
- Shock Absorbing Suspension Seat Post
- Front & Side Rear Derailleur Guards
- Saddle: SR Sport Saddle
- Aggressive Skid-Proof Wide Stance Pedals
- Weight: 68 lbs
- Top Speed: 35+ mph